2. Holding the door open for someone far away and forcing them to run over.
3. Pulling a door that says “push” and vice-versa.
4. When you’re caught without your glasses or contacts and the people around you are just moving blurs of flesh.
5. When your server says, “Enjoy your meal!” and you reply, “Thanks, you too!
6. Telling a joke but then forgetting the punch line halfway through.
7. Saying goodbye to someone then realizing they’re going the same way as you.
8. A: “How’re you?” B: “Doing well! How about you?” A: “Good, thanks. You?”
9. Going in for a hug but all the person wanted was a handshake.
10. Telling someone a hilarious story and realizing that they were the one who told it to you.
11. Holding your hand near a person’s face for the longest time before they realize what you’re doing.
12. Asking someone at a store for a different size and realizing they don’t work there.
13. When you talk to someone and your voice is gross and croaky because that was the first time you spoke all day.
14. Trying to be smooth at the subway or Metro turnstile in a crowd of tourists but getting this dreaded message.
15. And the classic: when you run into someone on the street and sidestep them, but they go in the same direction as you—and you do it 7 more times until the requisite awkward laughter.