If you live in the UK, heading to McDonald’s is not the most exciting of dinner choices.
But head overseas, and you’ll find that dining out at the famous fast food chain is a pretty thrilling experience.
1. Some international McDonald’s restaurants look like this.
2. McDonald’s serves beer in France, Germany, the Netherlands, Austria and other locations across Europe.
3. Until 2011, Israeli McDonald’s patrons could sink their teeth into this tasty chickpea treat.
4. You can purchase this behemoth-sized order of fries called the “Mega Potato” in Japan.
5. Chinese McDonald’s restaurants carry pineapple pie rather than apple pie.
6. The chicken version of the McDonald’s classic is available in Pakistan.
7. India’s menu featured varied selections you’d never find in a U.S. McDonald’s.
8. The Shaka Shaka Chicken is essentially the Singaporean fast-food version of Shake and Bake.
9. One word: Poutine.
10. In France, you can purchase delicate macarons alongside your Big Mac.
11. The European version of McCafe is like that of a real coffee shop.
12. The EBI Filet-O featured a deep-fried shrimp patty you could only purchase in Japan.